Staff Spotlight: Tony Ahn
- What is your name and what do you do here at Wall Street English?
My name is Tony Ahn and I am the Center Head of Teaching at LQD Center.
- How long have you worked for Wall Street English?
I have worked for WSE for 1 year.
- Can you describe a typical day for you at Wall Street English?
Everyday, I do my best to fulfill the needs of both the students and staff that I work with and also try to make everyone’s day just a little bit better. This ranges from solving difficult situations involving employees to simply chatting with a student who seems left out. Typically, I’ll try and tackle the urgent requests and needs of our company first and then enjoy the rest of the day by getting to know our students better.
- What do you enjoy most about your job?
The thing I enjoy most about my job is that I am surrounded by wonderful, caring people who are rich in culture and enthusiasm for life. Never have I felt so welcomed and appreciated.
- What is something challenging about your job?
The most challenging aspect of my job is trying to be everywhere at once. If I could split my body in into two, I would.
- What advice would you give to someone on their first day at WSE?
Ask questions and engage with everyone around you. Because we have such an open, helping culture, everyone you see is not just your coworker or student, they are also a resource. Whether you need information on a specific issue or just a quick psychological pick-me-up, those around you can help.