Staff Spotlight: Pham Tran Dieu Thoa
- What is your name and what do you do here at Wall Street English?
My name is Pham Tran Dieu Thoa, and I’m the HR Operations Manager at WSE. My main responsibility is the handling of all HR Services related to expatriates, from on-boarding to exiting. My team is in charge of HR Projects, Travel Desk and general HR administration as well.
- How long have you worked for Wall Street English?
I have been here for a year and a half, and it has been a unique and valuable journey so far.
- Can you describe a typical day for you at Wall Street English?
I arrive at work, have a cup of coffee, say hello to my colleagues and then start my day. I usually have meetings with various line managers and I also coach and manage my team members in order to help them deliver the best service to our teachers.
- What do you enjoy most about your job?
Helping our foreign employees and managers to avoid stress while moving to and working in a new country. That means supporting our new colleagues and helping them to adapt to a new working environment and culture, while at the same time helping to increase Wall Street’s service quality to our students through staffing solutions.
- What is something challenging about your job?
The changes of laws and rules, however I’ve learned how to overcome these challenges at WSE. It’s our job to make sure our staff, especially foreign staff, are complying with the rules and regulations of Vietnam.
- What advice would you give to someone on their first day at WSE?
Be positive and curious. You will be supported and welcomed by all of our teams here as a new family member.