Staff Spotlight: Brian Lao
- What is your name and what do you do here at Wall Street English?
My name is Brian La’O. I am a FLEX english teacher.
- How long have you worked for Wall Street English?
I have worked here for nine months.
- Can you describe a typical day for you at Wall Street English?
I usually come in the afternoons. I have two sessions of 3 classes each (6 total) in between the two sessions I lesson plan, prepare for class and grab lunch. I start at either eleven or noon and finish work at nine.
- What do you enjoy most about your job?
I love watching the students improve. I really like when they have built up their confidence to be able to have conversation with another.
- What is something challenging about your job?
The most challenging part of my job is offering suggestions to students who need help with study material. A lot of the learning they do is on their own, so they have to be very independent with their studies. I try and focus my attention on their study habits and how they can be prepared for encounters and make the most out of their social clubs and complementary classes.
- What advice would you give to someone on their first day at WSE?
You are going to learn a lot in not a lot of time. Have fun and enjoy your time. There are a lot of experienced teachers within arms reach so don’t be afraid to ask questions.