Staff Spotlight: Tressa Erikson
- What is your name and what do you do here at Wall Street English?
Tressa Erikson and I’m a teacher a WSE Vivo CIty in D7.
- How long have you worked for Wall Street English?
A year and a half.
- Can you describe a typical day for you at Wall Street English?
I work part-time. So I just teach in the evenings. I usually come in a little early to catch up with my coworkers or finish planning a social club. Then I teach three classes and go home.
- What do you enjoy most about your job?
I really enjoy working with the students. Even if I am having a bad day, once I start teaching and talking to the students my mood lifts instantly.
I also really enjoy my coworkers. My best friends in Vietnam have all been other Wall Street employees.
- What is something challenging about your job?
Sometimes when I try to teach a new concept or game it doesn’t go as well as I would like.
- What advice would you give to someone on their first day at WSE?
Take it easy. Don’t worry so much about understanding or mastering everything right away. It will get easier over time.
Also, ask everyone for their names repeatedly in the first week